Sunday 22 May 2011

Release the Fear

I am terrified of the RELEASE button on the Meeroos HUD. I know I am not the only one. My partner scarlett feels the same way, I'm not sure which of us is worse. I admit, I have had nightmares about that RELEASE button accidentally sending a wonderful little Meeroo off into the wild, possibly forever. I know in time I will get used to it,  will even have to use it. Right now though it serves no purpose; for what reason would I ask any of my most precious Second Life companions to leave? I would be heartbroken if I lost even one (1).
I know my fear is unfounded. It is very difficult to release a Meeroo by accident. Once you touch the button you then have to type "RELEASE" in open chat. It does have to be in all-capitals: "Release" and "release" will not work. I tested it during Open Beta. Where I think Meeroos are being released unintentionally is when people misunderstand the HUD and mistakenly believe that releasing Meeroos is a way to get them out of their nest. I can not imagine what it must be like, to be into these little guys as much as I am, and realize that you have lost a Meeroo as a result of your own misunderstanding. I might even cry. So the RELEASE button is a bit scary, it can do scary things, but it is not remotely likely to be triggered by mistake.

If you have had a nightmare, or two, about that infernal RELEASE button leave a comment and let me know about it. I know I am not the only crazy one out there, right... Hello? *chirp* Ha, knew my Meeroos would save me!

= I'm reading about #Meeroos: Release the FearTweet this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment