Thursday 30 June 2011

There can be only one: The Highland Coat Meeroo

Today I got to check out a Highland coat Meeroo named Ian. I took some pictures while he generally played around, as Meeroos do. Ian's ancestors might well come from the highlands of Scotland. These are the northern areas of Scotland to the North and West of the Highland Boundary Fault. It is a bit more complicated than that, but you get the idea.
I encountered the highlands/lowlands divide myself when visiting a highlands whiskey distillery. While the factory which produces the whisky is in the highlands, on the North side of the street, it has its warehouse on the south side of the street; technically in the lowlands. Still bottled as highland whisky though. I should note I did not see any Meeroos there at all, well perhaps towards the end of the tasting, I do not remember much after that and may have seen many amusing things.

Back to Meeroos: The Highland coat is amber or copper in color. It is a Gael Meeroo and is marked as such. Ian's owner, Noel Hammill told me that the Highland coat is one of his favorites. You can see for yourself in the photos below. Thank you Noel for inviting me to take Ian's photo, and here they are:



= I'm reading about #Meeroos: There can be only one: The Highland Coat MeerooTweet this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment