Thursday 16 June 2011

Introducing: The Emperor

From the Masked Meeroo species out of Japan comes yet another new coat, and an impressive one at that: the Emperor. It is a bit purpley and a lot brilliant. I can not wait to get one of these for myself. They are still incredibly rare so I am not holding out much hope, but you never know. With a bit of luck and the right genetics anybody could coax the next one, maybe even me. No, strike that, never am I that fortunate. I will do it the old fashioned way and wait till I see one on sale for a reasonable price and buy it.


I do not have much to go on to even guess the era this coat might be from, perhaps the Kofun period which starts about AD 250 an ended in AD 540 or so. Those dates are inexact, but you get the idea. Compare those dates to the Caledonian coat which I place at about AD 120. Four hundred (400) years in not a huge amount of time in genetic terms. I would say it is possible that these coats do in fact come from genetics that date back to about that time in history. With more breeding and more Regard I hope to see breeders push the genetics even further back. Who knows what we might see next? For now we will have to ohhhh and ahhh over this one:



= I'm reading about #Meeroos: Introducing: The EmperorTweet this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment